Acne, also known as acne vulgaris, is a long-term skin disease. It primarily affects areas of the skin with a relatively high number of oil glands, including the face, upper part of the chest, and back. It may range from non contagious pimples to deep seated chronic inflammatory disorders.
Acne is a disorder of the hair bearing skin in which hair follicles develop obstructing plugs (comedones) as a result of which inflammation develops around the obstructed follicles, causing tissue destruction and scar formation. It has been estimated that 70% of the population have some clinically evident acne at some stage during adolescence.The course of the disease is chronic with frequent remission and exacerbations. Acne tends to subside in the twenties but may persist indefinitely.
FAQs about Acne
1. Can my Acne cure on its own?Yes, acne has self limiting nature which usually subsides with time without any residual damage. Course is chronic with frequent remission and exacerbation there is tendency to flare up in the premenstrual period. acne tend to subside in early twenties but may persist indefinitely
2. Can only creams and external application cure Acne?No, reason being block /clogging of skin pores. Hence local facial massage ,external application, cosmetics ,hair oil particularly greasy one should not be used.
3. Can cosmetics increase my Acne?Yes, excessive use of greasy cosmetics, pomades and detergent flares up the Acne can block pores.
4. In Acne Genetic?Yes, Acne usually runs in family and genes play a very crucial role.
5. What kind of food should I avoid?Fats and carbohydrates have to be reduced in favour of vegetables and protein. Sweets of all kinds of chocolates and nuts to be avoided. Food containing Iodides & Bromides should be strictly forbidden e.g dairy products,potatoes,bakery food,soft drinks.
6. How much will the treatment cost?Treatment cost will depend on the procedures recommended by the doctor taking the consultation. Recommended procedures depend on the nature of the problem and certain individual factors. Cost of some of the treatments & procedures for reference is mentioned in the following table:
The few obvious causes for acne are:
- Increased production of the sex hormones.
- Androgen stimulates increased sebum production.
- An aerobic proliferation within the follicles.
- Intense acute inflammatory response.
- Continuous touching and squeezing.
- Hot and humid weather.
- Use of wrong cosmetics.
Why Valeda? How are treatments at Valeda different from any conventional mode?
Basis of treatment at Valeda
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes.
The problem is not just external, there are many other causative factors in some other internal areas which are thoroughly analyzed during your consultation before starting the treatment.
The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs.
It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment which may include internal remedies supported by external modalities like:- localized immune-enhancer activities to affected region i.e. acupuncture, applications of products with certified organic herbs, modernized cosmetology and procedures based on ancient principles as mentioned in classical text including Constitutional diet & Yoga. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure.
A comprehensive judicious program is required to get rid of acne and its scars.
Treatment at Valeda Wellness Centers is aimed at:
- Reducing the bacterial population of hair follicle.
- Encouraging the shedding of the follicular horny plugs to free obstruction.
- Reducing the rate of sebum production either by acting on the sebaceous glands or indirectly by inhibiting the effect of androgen on sebaceous glands.
- Usage of anti-inflammatory agents to reduce the effect of acne inflammation on the skin