Folliculitis is a common skin condition that appears as numerous small red or pink little bumps at hair follicles. It can cause a "chicken skin" appearance on tIt is a common skin condition that appears as numerous small red or pink little bumps at hair follicles. It can cause a "chicken skin" appearance on the skin. Folliculitis can affect any part of the skin, including the chest, back, arms, legs, buttocks, and cheeks. Often, 10-100 very small, slightly smooth bumps are scattered in a body area like the back.
FAQs about Folliculitis
1. What is Folliculitis?It is the inflammation of hair follicles it can be caused by bacteria, fungus or yeast.
2. What do you do in Holistic Treatment at Valeda?Holistic care means the care for the whole person that is his mind, body and spirit and not the disease/ problem/ symptoms alone. Holistic system believes that the whole person is made up of independent parts and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. In this way, if people have imbalances physical, mental, emotional or spiritual in their lives it can negatively affect their overall skin and hair. Holistic treatment would thus not only remove the symptoms along with the underlying cause of your problem / disease but would then also maintain your overall well being. To attain the Holistic Wellness the doctors at Valeda have envisaged the easy path that constitutes a Procedure Plan and a Product Plan. The Procedure Plan shall include the Constitutional Diet and Constitutional Homoeopathic Medicines along with Divine Detoxification and Relaxation. The Product Plan includes selected external applications for management of problem symptoms.
Holistic treatment at Valeda is practiced in partnership with doctors and their patients. We shall holistically diagnose the root causative factors of your problem and if need be then also by latest scientific modalities. The cause may not necessarily be into the problem area. It can be some other functional organ of the body. The cause may or may not be medically significant. The causative factors will decide the treatment strategy.
3. Can you suggest some local applications and home remedies for the Folliculitis?It has been observed that keratolytic applications are helpful .You have to keep in mind that it is an inflammation so you will require to keep it clean with a herbal mild cleanser, such as Valeda Herbal Neem Skin Tonic is found to serve the purpose. Apply warm application on the affected area.
4. How long will the treatment last?The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs. It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure, duration of treatment varies from person to person; it may take 3-6 months to notice improvements.
5. Are there any side effects?Treatments are safe and have been practiced since 36 yrs in Valeda. There are no side effects.
6. Does Folliculitis spreads on touching?No, it does not spread by touching but the infectious agent can transfer from one person to another by close contact or sharing of clothes.
7. Where can I get more information and tips about my problems?
You can follow us on our Valeda blog, facebook page @valedaclinic and youtube channel @valeda doctor. Ever since the year 1990 our Dr Seema Bali is often invited to express her views on this topic on various TV channels. More than hundred of TV recordings of her programs are available on YouTube channel; please visit
8. How much will the treatment cost?Treatment cost will depend on the procedures recommended by the doctor taking the consultation. Recommended procedures depend on the nature of the problem and certain individual factors. Cost of some of the treatments & procedures for reference is mentioned in the following table:
Some of the bumps may be slightly red or have an accompanying light-red halo indicating inflammation. Sometimes, scratching off the top reveals a small trapped or coiled hair within. Acne whiteheads, called milia, may also be in the same areas as folliculitis. Although folliculitis is primarily a skin condition of teenagers and younger adults, it is also seen in all ages.
Why Valeda? How are treatments at Valeda different from any conventional mode?
Basis of treatment at Valeda
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes.
The problem is not just external, there are many other causative factors in some other internal areas which are thoroughly analyzed during your consultation before starting the treatment.
The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs.
It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment which may include internal remedies supported by external modalities like:- localized immune-enhancer activities to affected region i.e. acupuncture, applications of products with certified organic herbs, modernized cosmetology and procedures based on ancient principles as mentioned in classical text including Constitutional diet & Yoga. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure.
A comprehensive judicious program is required to get rid of Folliculitis.