Lichen planus is a non-infectious, itchy rash that can affect many areas of the body. It is estimated that lichen planus affects 1-2% of the population worldwide and is more common in adults over the age of 40.
Affected areas can include:
● The arms and legs
● The mouth (oral lichen planus)
● The nails and scalp
● The vulva, vagina and penis
FAQs about Lichen Planus
1. What is Lichen Planus? What are common signs?Lichen planus (LP) is an inflammatory disorder of the skin and mucous membranes with no known cause. It appears as pruritic, violaceous papules and plaques most commonly found on the wrists, lower back, and ankles. A lattice-like network of white lines called Wickham striae overlies the lesions but is most easily observed on the buccal mucosa where erosions can also be present.
2. What do you do in Holistic Treatment at Valeda?Holistic care means the care for the whole person that is his mind, body and spirit and not the disease/ problem/ symptoms alone. Holistic system believes that the whole person is made up of independent parts and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. In this way, if people have imbalances physical, mental, emotional or spiritual in their lives it can negatively affect their overall skin and hair. Holistic treatment would thus not only remove the symptoms along with the underlying cause of your problem / disease but would then also maintain your overall well being. To attain the Holistic Wellness the doctors at Valeda have envisaged the easy path that constitutes a Procedure Plan and a Product Plan. The Procedure Plan shall include the Constitutional Diet and Constitutional Homoeopathic Medicines along with Divine Detoxification and Relaxation. The Product Plan includes selected external applications for management of problem symptoms.
Holistic treatment at Valeda is practiced in partnership with doctors and their patients. We shall holistically diagnose the root causative factors of your problem and if need be then also by latest scientific modalities. The cause may not necessarily be into the problem area. It can be some other functional organ of the body. The cause may or may not be medically significant. The causative factors will decide the treatment strategy.
3. Can you suggest some local applications for the Lichen Planus?Valeda Herbal Aloe & Neem Face Wash.
Valea Herbal Sandal Massage Cream.
Valeda Calendula Moisturising Lotion.
Valeda Neem Skin Tonic.
Holistic external applications for home use will be provided during the treatment. These contain organic herbal inclusion.
4. How long will the treatment last?It has been experienced by Valeda doctors that you may notice improvements within 3-4months of regular treatment and further improvements depend on various factors including your constitution.
5. Is there any side effects?Treatments are safe and have been practiced since 36 years in Valeda.
6. Does Lichen Planus spreads on touching?Lichen Planus is not caused by germs, bacteria, virus or fungus. So, it does not spread by touch, sharing utensils or physical contact.
7. Where can I get more information and tips about my problems?MYou can follow us on our Valeda blog, facebook page @valeda clinic and youtube channel @valeda doctor. Ever since the year 1990 our Dr Seema Bali is often invited to express her views on this topic on various TV channels. More than hundred of TV recordings of her programs are available on YouTube channel; please visit
8. How much will the treatment cost?Treatment cost will depend on the procedures recommended by the doctor taking the consultation. Recommended procedures depend on the nature of the problem and certain individual factors. Cost of some of the treatments & procedures for reference is mentioned in the following table:
There are various causes for these are:The exact cause of lichen planus is unknown but probable causes are:
● Anti-inflammatory medications
● Thiazide diuretics
Why Valeda? How are treatments at Valeda different from any conventional mode?Basis of treatment at Valeda
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes. A complete judicious program is required for the same.
The problem is not just external, there are many other causative factors in some other internal areas which are thoroughly analyzed during your consultation before starting the treatment.
The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs.
It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment which may include internal remedies supported by external modalities like:- localized immune-enhancer activities to affected region i.e. acupuncture, applications of products with certified organic herbs, modernized cosmetology and procedures based on ancient principles as mentioned in classical text including Constitutional diet & Yoga. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure.