Post Acne Scars
Acne scarring can sometimes develop as a complication of acne. Any type of acne spot can lead to scarring, but it's more common when the most serious types of spots (nodules and cysts) burst and damage nearby skin.
Scarring can also occur if you pick or squeeze your spots, so it's important not to do this.
FAQs about Post Acne Scars
1. Can my Post Acne Scars be treated 100%?No. It entirely depends on the intensity and extend of scars. You may get 50-75% improvement in cases of severe Post Acne Scars.
2. Can only creams and external application cure Post Acne Scars?No, Post Acne Scars require complete correction internally also. Holistic modes where external, internal and Diet are employed to correct are required.
3. Can cosmetics increase my Post Acne Scars?Yes, excessive use of greasy cosmetics, pomades and detergent flares up the Post Acne Scars.
4. How important are external procedures like LASER important in treatment?They are very important as Post Acne Scars cannot be treated without the intervention of external procedures. We need to heal the pits and scars which is very difficult with only medicines.
5. What kind of food should I avoid?Fats and carbohydrates have to be reduced in favour of vegetables and protein. Sweets of all kinds of chocolates and nuts to be avoided. Food containing Iodides & Bromides should be strictly forbidden.
6. Where can I get more information and tips about my problems?You can follow us on our Valeda blog, facebook page @valeda clinic and YouTube channel @valeda doctor. Ever since the year 1990 our Dr Seema Bali is often invited to express her views on this topic on various TV channels. More than hundred of TV recordings of her programs are available on YouTube channel; please visit
7. How much will the treatment cost?Treatment cost will depend on the procedures recommended by the doctor taking the consultation. Recommended procedures depend on the nature of the problem and certain individual factors. Cost of some of the treatments & procedures for reference is mentioned in the following table:
There are three main types of acne scars:● Ice pick scars – small, deep holes in the surface of your skin that look like the skin has been punctured with a sharp object
● Rolling scars – caused by bands of scar tissue that form under the skin, giving the surface of the skin a rolling and uneven appearance
● Boxcar scars – round or oval depressions, or craters, in the skin
Why Valeda? How are treatments at Valeda different from any conventional mode?Basis of treatment at Valeda
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes. A complete judicious program is required for the same.
The problem is not just external, there are many other causative factors in some other internal areas which are thoroughly analyzed during your consultation before starting the treatment.
The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs.
It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment which may include internal remedies supported by external modalities like:- localized immune-enhancer activities to affected region i.e. acupuncture, applications of products with certified organic herbs, modernized cosmetology and procedures based on ancient principles as mentioned in classical text including Constitutional diet & Yoga. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure.