It can strike at any age, but most often between 15 and 35 years. Psoriasis most commonly appears on scalp including hairs, knee, elbow, hands and feet. It rarely affects the face.
FAQs about Psoriasis
1. What do you do in Holistic Treatment at Valeda?At Valeda Wellness Centers, the researched Homeopathic oral remedies along with the supported external applications are aimed at yielding highly sustained relief from psoriasis.
2. How is Holistic Treatment for Psoriasis better than only Dermatology or Homoeopathic treatment?Holistic care means the care for the whole person that is his mind, body and spirit and not the disease/problem/symptoms alone. Holistic system believes that the whole person is made up of independent parts and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. In this way, if people have imbalances - physical, mental, emotional or spiritual in their lives it can negatively affect their overall skin and hair. Holistic treatment would thus not only remove the symptoms along with the underlying cause of your problem/disease but would then also maintain your overall well being. To attain the Holistic Wellness the doctors at Valeda have envisaged the easy path that constitutes a Procedure Plan and a Product Plan. The Procedure Plan shall include the Constitutional Diet and Constitutional Homoeopathic Medicines along with Divine Detoxification and Relaxation. The Product Plan includes selected external applications for management of problem symptoms.
Holistic treatment at Valeda is practiced in partnership of doctors with their patients. We shall holistically diagnose the root causative factors of your problem and if need be then also by latest scientific modalities. The cause may not necessarily be into the problem area. It can be some other functional organ of the body. The cause may or may not be medically significant. The causative factors will decide the treatment strategy.
3. How long will the treatment last?The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs. It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment. On examination by the concerned Doctor and in case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure, duration of treatment varies from person to person; it may take 3-6 months to notice improvements. As Psoriasis aggravates in winters, it is usually recommended to observe improvements for 3 seasons before the medication can be stopped or follow the instructions of your doctor. It is recommended that:
● The treatment should be continued till the last lesion has disappeared. The relapse rate is low, if the attack is completely controlled.
● General health should be studied and should be regulated so that no undue stress affects either body or mind.
● You do not worry, the solution to Psoriasis is available with us and many patients of severe psoriasis have been relieved from psoriasis permanently with no relapses in a comparatively short duration.
4. What is the Post treatment care?As one has recovered from an auto-immune disorder it is recommended that immunity booster steps should be followed as instructed by your Doctor at Valeda.
5. Are there any side effects?Dummy Fats and carbohydrates have to be reduced in favour of vegetables and protein. Sweets of all kinds of chocolates and nuts to be avoided. Food containing Iodides & Bromides should be strictly forbidden e.g dairy products,potatoes,bakery food,soft drinks.
6. Is Psoriasis infectious? Does it spread on touching? What are the causes?Psoriasis is the chronic, non-infectious, inflammatory dermatitis, characterized by well demarcated erythematous plaques, topped by silvery white scales. A normal skin cell matures in 28-30 days but a psoriatic skin takes 3 to 6 days. It can strike at any age, but most often between 15 and 35 years. Psoriasis most commonly appears on the scalp, knee, elbow, hands, and feet. It rarely affects the face. It is a familial disease brought on by stress, anxiety and mental trauma, Physical injury, Digestive upset in genetic constitution, Infection, Drug allergies.
Pressure and trauma seem to determine the localization of psoriasis. Whereas the precipitating factors of the disease are the streptococcal infection, diabetes, and purines in the diet. Both topical and systemic treatment conventionally taken may relieve scales for some time only to reappear at a later stage.
7. Can you suggest any cream for home care psoriasis management?The excessive scaling requires to be managed by topical applications for temporary relief. It has been observed that keratolytic applications are helpful. Valeda Aloe Vera Morning Moisturising Cream is found to serve the purpose. Avoid excess sugar as it aggravates the disease. Maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Consume light diet, vegetables and fresh fruits. Avoid spicy, salty and oily foods.
8. Where can I get more information and tips about my problems?You can follow us on our Valeda blog, facebook page @valedaclinic and youtube channel @valeda doctor. Ever since the year 1990, Dr Seema Bali is often invited to express her views on this topic on various TV channels. More than hundred of TV recordings of her programs are available on YouTube channel; please visit
8. How much will the treatment cost?Treatment cost will depend on the procedures recommended by the doctor taking the consultation. Recommended procedures depend on the nature of the problem and certain individual factors. Cost of some of the treatments & procedures for reference is mentioned in the following table:
The exact etiology of the disease is unknown, but few related causes are:● Familial disease brought on by stress, anxiety, and mental trauma.
● IPhysical injury.
● IDigestive upset in genetic constitution.
● IDrug allergies.
Pressure and trauma seem to determine the localization of psoriasis. Whereas the precipitating factors of the disease are streptococcal infection, diabetes and alteration in the diet. Both topical and systemic treatment conventionally taken may relieve scales for some time only to re appear at a larger stage.
Why Valeda? How are treatments at Valeda different from any conventional mode?
Basis of treatment at Valeda
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes.
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes. A complete judicious program is required for the same.
The problem is not just external, there are many other causative factors in some other internal areas which are thoroughly analyzed during your consultation before starting the treatment.
The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs.
It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment which may include internal remedies supported by external modalities like:- localized immune-enhancer activities to affected region i.e. acupuncture, applications of products with certified organic herbs, modernized cosmetology and procedures based on ancient principles as mentioned in classical text including Constitutional diet & Yoga. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure.