Skin Whitening / Complexion
The complexion is visual assessment of our skin color, tone and clarity. The skin texture describes the appeal of our skin to touch. Together, complexion and texture reflects the apparent character And general health of the skin.
What we see actual colour as distinct from the condition of our skin depends on light that is reflected by four different coloured components of the skin which are found at different levels throughout epidermis and dermis.
The reflection combine to give us our unique colour. They are:
● Melanin in the epidermis
● RBC containing O2 in the small blood vessels of the dermis.
● RBC without o2 in the same blood vessels
● Orange-yellow chemicals called carotenoids in the stratum corneum and the subcutaneous fat layer and they're responsible for yellow tones of skin.
● If the stratum corneum contains adequate moisture and the dead cells(squames) have been removed. It becomes more translucent and reflects light more evenly giving skin shine.
● If skin is dry and covered with squames. It scatters light instead of reflecting it evenly and looks dull.
● So we should exfoliate and rehydrate to remove squames and help epidermis to retain moisture so reflecting light better.
FAQs about Skin Whitening / Complexion
1. How does the skin darken or develop patchy tan?The complexion is the visual assessment of our skin color, tone and clarity. The skin texture describes the appeal of our skin to touch. Together, complexion and texture reflects the apparent character and general health of the skin.
The obvious causes of deterioration in the complexion are:
- Dry skin with lack of adequate moisture
- Deposition of dead cells
- Improper skin care
- Use of wrong cosmetics
- Excessive exposure to sun
- Severe and moderate acne.
- Anemia and poor circulation.
2. I am dark by birth. Can I change my birth colour?
Your skin colour whether dark or fair is determined by genes. Melanin is the pigment that provides colour to the skin, if melanin is more, your skin will have the dark complexion. Melanin protects skin from harmful rays of the sun; overexposure to sun causes your skin to become dark. Valeda can make you fairer because the complexion treatment aims at nutritive and long lasting simulative principals wherein the skin becomes naturally fairer along with improved texture.
3. I was fair in my childhood but then got dark due continuous sun tan. How much improvement is possible in my case?Valeda can make you fairer but it depends on your skin care routine, environment in which you are living and overall you will be following the maintenance programme.
4. What do you do in Holistic Treatment at Valeda?Holistic care means the care for the whole person that is his mind, body and spirit and not the disease/ problem/ symptoms alone. Holistic system believes that the whole person is made up of independent parts and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. In this way, if people have imbalances physical, mental, emotional or spiritual in their lives it can negatively affect their overall skin and hair. Holistic treatment would thus not only remove the symptoms along with the underlying cause of your problem / disease but would then also maintain your overall well being. To attain the Holistic Wellness the doctors at Valeda have envisaged the easy path that constitutes a Procedure Plan and a Product Plan. The Procedure Plan shall include the Constitutional Diet and Constitutional Homoeopathic Medicines along with Divine Detoxification and Relaxation. The Product Plan includes selected external applications for management of problem symptoms.
Holistic treatment at Valeda is practiced in partnership with doctors and their patients. We shall holistically diagnose the root causative factors of your problem and if need be then also by latest scientific modalities. The cause may not necessarily be into the problem area. It can be some other functional organ of the body. The cause may or may not be medically significant. The causative factors will decide the treatment strategy.
General appearance of the whole body skin, specially the face is markedly improved in comprehensive Complexion Treatments at Valeda Wellness Centre by corrective internal and external treatments. These treatments are based on nutritive and long lasting simulative principles wherein an inconclusive emollient layer on the skin is formed resulting in slow but consistent change in skin appearance, skin becomes naturally fairer with markedly improved texture.
5. Are you having any solution for instant whitening?Melanin is responsible for either fair or dark skin tone. Decreasing the level of melanin in skin will help you reduce skin pigmentation and give you lighter and fair skin tone. Instant whitening can be possible with a holistic way, which will bring glow to the skin and lighten the complexion.
6. How important are derma sessions in enhancing the complexion?Dull and dark complexion is triggered by an unusual production of melanin by abnormal melanocyte. It generally occurs in people with darker complexion. It is typically brought about by acne, scar and prolonged exposure to the sun. Derma sessions shed the top layer of skin and produce normal melanocyte. It also boosts the absorption and increases the concentration of active ingredients from topical skin lightening products thus improving its efficacy and speeding up results. It also has the ability to break up old scars and stimulate collagen and elastin production that is similar to healthy skin.
7. How long will the treatment last?The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the skin area and may be associated with disorders of internal organs. It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment. On examination by the concerned Doctor and in case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure, duration of treatment varies from person to person; it may take 3-6 months to notice improvements. General health should be studied and should be regulated so that no undue stress affects either body or mind.
8. Are there any side effects?Treatments are safe and have been practiced since 36 years in Valeda. There are no side effects.
9. What kind of diet should I have to get glowing and fair skin?1 Avoid excess salt, oily, pungent, hot sour, spicy food.
2 Avoid overeating and late night eating.
3 Take more fresh fruits and vegetables in a diet.
4 Eat 3 meals a day at regular intervals.
5 Diet quality should be cool, slightly dry (not soggy or oily)
10. Can you tell me any local applications and home remedies for enhancing my complexion?- Valeda Guldaudi complexion cream
- Valeda Jasmine Sun Protective Cream
- Valeda herbal rose mint skin tonic
- Valeda herbal neem instant skin conditioner
- Healthy diet
11. Where can I get more information and tips about my problems?You can follow us on our Valeda blog, facebook page @valedaclinic and YouTube channel @valeda doctor. Ever since the year 1990 our Dr Seema Bali is often invited to express her views on this topic on various TV channels. More than hundred of TV recordings of her programs are available on YouTube channel; please visit http://www.valedadoctor.com/hphr.html
12. How much will the treatment cost?Treatment cost will depend on the procedures recommended by the doctor taking the consultation. Recommended procedures depend on the nature of the problem and certain individual factors. Cost of some of the treatments & procedures for reference is mentioned in the following table:
The obvious causes of deterioration in the complexion are:● Dry skin with lack of adequate moisture
● Deposition of dead cells
● Improper skin care
● Use of wrong cosmetics
● Excessive exposure to sun
● Severe and moderate acne
● Anemia and poor circulation
Why Valeda? How are treatments at Valeda different from any conventional mode?
Basis of treatment at Valeda
The basis of treatment at Valeda is treating the problem through Holistic Modes. A complete judicious program is required for the same.
The problem is not just external, there are many other causative factors in some other internal areas which are thoroughly analyzed during your consultation before starting the treatment.
The causative factors may not be necessarily based into the affected region and may be associated with disorders of internal organs.
It is, 'the nature of the problem' that calls in for the strategy of the treatment which may include internal remedies supported by external modalities like:- localized immune-enhancer activities to affected region i.e. acupuncture, applications of products with certified organic herbs, modernized cosmetology and procedures based on ancient principles as mentioned in classical text including Constitutional diet & Yoga. On examination by the concerned Doctor and on case taking these details are given to you as a routine procedure.